Senior Architectural Technologist
Purcell are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Architectural Technologist who is proficient in BIM to aid the Manchester Studio and the established team who are currently working on the prestigious Manchester Town Hall Project.
Purcell commenced design work on this project in 2017 and is currently on site with the refurbishment works due to complete in 2024 and the client has a specific list of BIM Level 2 ambitions and deliverables. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to step up to the role of BIM Lead after the completion of this project.
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings; from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, (a minimum of 3 days in office, up to 2 days WFH) annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, virtual GP service, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
The role will cover the management of the process of virtually designing and constructing a building and documenting the design contract documents accurately an will include the following:
• liaising with project stakeholders acting as lead model management including BIM planning, collaboration and coordination.
• liaising with the client’s asset management team and contractor to ensure delivery of data for use with their FM systems including preparation of BIM models and asset information for handover to client. Ensuring compatibility with client EDMS (Electronic Document Management System), CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) systems, and other client requirements.
• Maintaining the project BIM Execution Plan, Master Information Delivery Plan, etc
• Maintaining, issuing, and federation of stakeholders BIM models.
• Coordination and Clash Detection Meetings with Design Team.
• Managing the project Common Data Environments (CDE) Aconex along with management of the project BIM 360 environment.
• Audit and compliance with standards; especially contractual Level 2 BIM requirements.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate full working knowledge of UK BIM standards including BS EN ISO 19650 suite along with associated standards, PAS & BS 1192 suite of standards along with delivery of Government Softa Landings using COBie.
Knowledge of the following software is essential:
• Autodesk AEC Suite with Revit as the primary delivery software
• BIM 360
• Microsoft Office 365
Candidates will also work closely with Purcell’s Head of BIM to support queries and issues with digital design applications, demonstrate techniques and best practice to enable peer-to-peer learning and internal continuing education and training sessions to complement formal external and e-learning provision.
We are looking for the below experience and qualifications:
• Five plus years’ experience in the construction industry; ideally within architectural practice, with a degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate area to the role
• Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations and associated standards
• Three plus years’ experience of BIM coordination on projects; especially Level 2 standards, methods, and procedures.
• High level of communication and fostering teamwork to assemble a work environment for different individuals representing multiple disciplines.
• Experience of historic buildings (Desirable)
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.