Communications and Business Development Manager
We are seeking a Communications and Business Development Manager to provide assistance in the growth and profile raising of Purcell’s Asia Pacific Region. The role requires a demonstrated ability to work effectively, focussed and either individually or collaboratively in a team environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team, working on a wide range of projects including places of worship, regeneration, infrastructure, public buildings and cultural sites.
Purcell is an award-winning, employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings, from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, (a minimum of 3 days in office, up to 2 days working from home) annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
As part of the Business Development team, the candidate serves as a business development specialist who is confident to meet and liaise with clients, collaborators and identify new opportunities. A working knowledge of and interest of the architectural industry preferable with excellent communication (written and spoken), management and commercial skills.
Ideally, you will have 5 years plus relevant professional experience following, ideally, graduation in communications or similar related degrees.
Your key responsibilities will be as below, but not limited to:
• Working in close partnership with, and supported by, the Asia Pacific Regional Partner, Regional Team and Head of Marketing and Communications – UK.
• Creating new opportunities through being alert to and identifying market trends, sector opportunities (public and private sector) etc across the Asia Pacific Region and that supports our positioning in existing markets Aus and HK, as well as supporting the development of new markets.
• Bring ideas and suggestions to enhance the Practice's business development targets.
• Support project leaders to meet and liaise with clients, collaborators and identify new opportunities.
• Develop and manage the opportunities/business development database.
• Identify and support attendance at key network events reporting on opportunities and pipeline to the management team.
• Produce collateral, organise and coordinate the Practice's presence or entry at Asia Pacific events, awards and conferences.
• Identify thought leadership/speaking opportunities for key members of Asia Pacific team.
• Collaborating with the team, assisting with copywriting, and submission of collateral.
• Ensure all documents conform to the Practice's brand guidelines.
• Support debriefs and gathering of client feedback on proposals to ensure and demonstrate continuous improvements.
• Overview and support of bid submissions.
• Manage local Bid and Marketing Assistant.
• Willingness to evolve through career development, mentoring and sharing of knowledge.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent and effective written, graphic, verbal presentation and communications skills.
• Entrepreneurial in approach to business development.
• Excellent time management, delegation, collaborative and/or independent working and organisational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects to a consistent high standard, prioritise workloads and conflicting requirements to satisfy concurrent project deliverables, budgets, and programme.
• Hands on experience, down to earth, 'can do' attitude.
• Contributing to the development of the team and Australia studios.
• Skills in Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), and Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint) software.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.