As part of the continued growth of our international Employee-Owned practice, we have identified a strategic hire in our Hong Kong Studio. This is an exciting role for an associate partner who will be part of our wider Asia Pacific senior management team.
Purcell is a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. We are a team of creative and collaborative individuals, employing architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 15 international studios located in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the world’s finest and most recognisable buildings bringing together conservation excellence and innovative design.
With aspirations to be to be a Partner/Director, we are looking for someone who is a charismatic, talented architect, a leader, who is a results-driven, tenacious, go getter. An individual who excels in a hands-on environment and is passionate about delivering an award-winning mixture of bespoke architectural and conservation projects in HK, China and across the AP region.
Your role will include:
Working closely with the Regional Partner and Asia Pacific leadership team, you will prioritise new business generation activities and support the delivery of a robust long-term strategy for the studio that will provide opportunities for growth in Hong Kong and across the region. This will include identifying industry trends and opportunities for securing new architectural and conservation projects across a range of sectors for public and private clients. The pursuing of these opportunities will include maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients.
We are a progressive practice, so you’ll need to understand our culture and strategy (our Collective Ambition), identify opportunities and support managing and developing our talented people to achieve goals as a collaborative team. As an excellent communicator, you will represent the organization in a leadership role to primary clients, key public officials, and sub consultants.
Our benefits include agile working (three days in office, two WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme, and many more benefits. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
Skills, knowledge, experience:
• Minimum 10 to 15 years post-qualification experience
• Lead and manage the seamless running of all architectural projects to the highest standards
• Ability to thinking strategically at a practice level
• Proven work winning skills
• Local market knowledge and intelligence
• A track record of client satisfaction
• Industry recognition and regarded as an exemplar in their field
• Proven ability of leading, managing, and developing individuals and teams, through excellent communication and people skills
• Experience of working with studio leadership to continue developing a business
• Excellent presentation skills (visual, written, and spoken)
• Fluency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, both written and spoken
• Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
• Delegation skills
• Able to uphold and embody the Purcell values and behaviours
It would also be an advantage if candidates possess:
• Delivery or management of projects in BIM
• Has hands on experience of heritage and adaptive reuse projects
• A track record of networking and relationship building across neighbouring AP countries
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships:
Essential: Authorised Person (AP), ARB HK, HKIA Registered Architect
Desirable: RIBA, RIBASCA, HKICON
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.