We are recruiting for a Architectural Conservationist to join our Hong Kong studio. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a top AJ100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. The successful candidate will evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of work submitted with their applications. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture.
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings; from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, (a minimum of 3 days in office, up to 2 days WFH) annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, employee assistance programme, virtual GP service, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
- Learn, apply, share the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell;
- Working closely with our existing core team for ongoing conservation projects;
- Undertake archival and desk‐based research associated with the preparation of
- Conservation Management Plans, Conservation Studies and Heritage Impact Assessments;
- Contribute to concept design, schematic design, detail design, tender and construction documents. Note: this may include modelling production;
- Condition and site surveys;
- Assist with contract administration including inspections during construction stage;
- Attend and minute client meetings;
- Preparation of presentation documents;
- Willingness to go to support events, BD initiatives and potential for getting out to meet people.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Bachelor in conservation or above
- Proficiency in 2D drafting such as AutoCAD, 3D modelling in Sketchup and graphic production using Affinity/Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken)
- Fluent in English and Cantonese/Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of industry technical standards and statutory requirements.
- A basic understanding of architectural history.
- Experience on A&A projects (desirable).
- Proficiency in BIM and REVIT (desirable).
- Professional at all times.
- Commitment to the role.
- Ability to manage self, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Personable, confident and with a keen sense of team spirit.
- HKIA registration (desirable but background dependent).
- HKICON Professional Member (desirable).
- The right to work in Hong Kong (desirable).
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.